5th Call for Letters of Intent (CDI)
hot spot Cerrado
Eligible countries: Brazil
Opening of the Notice: November 23, 2020
Closing of the Public Notice: January 8, 2021 at 11:59 pm & #8211; Brasilia time
Support type: Small Project (up to US$ 50,000)
The Partnership Fund for Critical Ecosystems (Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund & #8211; CEPF) and the International Education Institute of Brazil (IEB) is pleased to invite proposers to the 5th Call for Letters of Intent, aimed at receiving innovative and relevant COMMUNICATION PROJECTS that work the CEPF portfolio in the Cerrado, and together with our partners, promote and disseminate their main results. Only one proposal will be selected under this call.
Covering more than 2 million square kilometers, the hot spot of Cerrado biodiversity is one of the largest priority hotspots in the world and one of the most biologically rich savannah regions. However, the Cerrado is also one of the world's largest producers of cattle and agricultural products, and accounts for 30% of Brazil's gross domestic product. Given the loss of 50% of its original vegetation cover so far, CEPF's investment was designed to have a lasting impact on civil society's ability to positively influence public policies and private initiatives aimed at the conservation and sustainable development of the hot spot.
After a competitive process, the International Education Institute of Brazil (IEB) was selected by CEPF in 2016 to act as its Regional Implementation Team (RIT) to coordinate the implementation of CEPF's investment strategy in the Cerrado of 2016 to 2021. Like the RIT, the IEB works in many ways to promote cooperation and synergies between Civil Society Organizations, seeking to overcome isolation, fragmentation, individualism and duplication of efforts. More information about RIT can be found on the CEPF Cerrado.
The Par Partnership Fundto Critical Ecosystems (CEPF) wishes to protect the most biologically rich and threatened regions on the planet, known as priority hotspots of biodiversity. A fundamental objective is to guarantee the engagement of civil society in the conservation of biodiversity. CEPF is a joint initiative of the French Development Agency, Conservation International, European Union, Global Environment Facility, Government of Japan and World Bank. More information about the fund can be found on the CEPF. Since 2016, CEPF has provided subsidies to civil society organizations for the conservation of the hot spot Cerrado, with a total investment of US$8 million, based on the Ecosystem Profile (PDF –13.6MB).
This call WILL BE SPECIFIC, CONCENTRATING ONLY IN THE STRATEGIC DIRECTION 6 OF THE ECOSYSTEM PROFILE & #8211; STRENGTHEN THE CAPACITY OF CIVIL SOCIETY ORGANIZATIONS TO PROMOTE THE BEST MANAGEMENT OF TERRITORIES AND NATURAL RESOURCES AND TO SUPPORT OTHER INVESTMENT PRIORITIES ON HOTSPOT & #8211; Investment Priority 6.4 - Disseminate information on the Cerrado's biological, ecological, social and cultural functions to different stakeholders, including civil society leaders, decision makers and national and international audiences.
ATTENTION: Letters of Intent that include other Strategic Directions and Investment Priorities will not be considered for this call.
In view of the strategic direction and investment priority 6.4 of the Logical Framework of the Ecosystem Profile, this notice seeks to encourage the preparation of publications and other media and communication tools to contribute to the dissemination of information about the Cerrado within CEPF, its directions strategies and their financed projects.
With this announcement, CEPF and IEB wish to receive competitive proposals that have MANDATORY the following items in its scope of work:
- Elaboration of the strategy and communication plan for CEPF results in the Cerrado, considering the essential contribution of partners who received support from the Fund for the execution of their projects in the biome (see portfolio and site).
- Production and dissemination of 1 promotional video of up to 7 minutes of CEPF actions in the Cerrado together with its partners (see model: https://vimeo.com/398857635/2917d528e5). The video should present the main results of the Fund and our partners. From this main material, the proposal must also include the production of up to 5 short videos (up to 2-3 minutes) to be shown on CEPF and IEB social networks (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and messaging applications (Whatsapp, Signal , etc.). All videos must be subtitled in English and French. The production phase of the videos must take into account the capture of images.
- Production and dissemination of up to 7 infographics related to the results achieved by CEPF in the Cerrado.
- Construction of a mailing of contacts that must present a mapping and documentation of all national and international press vehicles relevant to environmental issues in the Cerrado. This one mailing it must also include contact with the main journalists or managers of these vehicles.
- Elaboration and publication of 7 articles in Portuguese, English and French on the impacts achieved by CEPF Cerrado, together with its partners. These articles must involve CEPF partners through interviews and testimonies and must be promoted via live broadcasts, websites, social networks or other alternative channels.
- Capture of images (photos, drone images, etc.) of the Cerrado to build a collection of photos and videos.
- Elaboration of one (1) final publication, which will report on the Fund's main successes and also the presentation of the final portfolio of CEPF projects in the Cerrado, following the model of Ecosystem Profile.
- Update site CEPF Cerrado for a more modern and interactive interface.
ELIGIBLE GEOGRAPHICAL AREAS
Proposals for Investment Priority 6.4 can be implemented in ALL O hostpot Cerrado, within the Brazilian territory. The geographical boundaries of hot spot Cerrado are available in a map in the kml version (can be viewed in Google Earth).
Institutions that are headquartered outside the hot spot Cerrado can also send proposals, but the proposed action MUST be focused on hot spot. ATTENTION: Letters of intent with proposals outside the Cerrado's geographical limit will not be considered for this call.
Non-governmental organizations, community groups, private companies, research institutes and foundations and other civil society candidates can apply to receive funds.
BUDGET AND IMPLEMENTATION DATES
Letters of Intent must request amounts of up to US$ 50,000 (fifty thousand dollars), considering the exchange rate to R$ 5.00 (five reais), which can still be changed. The Letter of Intent for any project that requires disbursements beyond September 30, 2021 will be considered ineligible.
SUBMISSION OF LETTERS OF INTENT
- The Letter of Intent (CDI), which is the project proposal, must be formulated for a small project (up to US$ 50 thousand dollars). The execution time for this proposal will be February 1, 2021 until September 30, 2021. The budget must be formulated in R$ (reais).
- CDIs can be submitted in Portuguese or English.
- CDIs should be submitted to the following email: email@example.com, obligatorily containing in the subject “5th edict / CDI / CEPF Cerrado-Communication". Proposals sent by email without a subject or without that exact title will be considered ineligible.
- When applying, the proposer must include the project duration (in months), taking into account the execution time informed in this notice and its contribution to the achievement of CEPF goals and intermediate indicators (Logical Framework Ecosystem Profile Hot spot Thick).
- Sending portfolio of projects / services previously provided.
To submit your proposal, complete the Letter of Intent (CDI) (Word) and budget (Excel) templates, which were made available in Portuguese and English, respectively, in the section Supplementary Material this notice. Then, check your answers, considering the specific guidelines of this notice and the FAQs.
We suggest that the proposers do not leave to submit their proposals on the last day, as there will not be enough time to solve any problems. CEPF Cerrado and IEB are not responsible for occurrences of any kind that make the submission of proposals unfeasible, even on time.
The selection process for proposals to CEPF Cerrado consists of the following steps:
Screening of Letters of Intent & #8211; The Regional Implementation Team will select Letters of Intent that have met all basic eligibility criteria set out in this call. These criteria are: presentation on time, use of the appropriate CDI model and its correct and complete completion, focus of the proposal on eligible activities, focus of the project on Strategic Direction and Investment Priority and adequate budget mentioned in the call.
Selection - Eligible projects will be evaluated by the Regional Implementation Team (RIT) and CEPF, which will meet to discuss and define, based on technical criteria, a semifinal list of projects. These semifinalists will be previously informed of the selection and interviewed by video call. Before the interviews, the semifinalists should send a brief presentation in PowerPoint or PDF about their project. These interviews will be an opportunity for the proposers to answer any questions or concerns raised during the previous stages of the selection. The semifinalists will also have the opportunity to clarify any doubts about the project's hiring and implementation process. After the interviews, the regional implementation team will meet again to define the finalist in the selection process. The successful candidate will be notified by e-mail and the selected proposal must undergo some adaptations until the closing of the final contract with the IEB. All applicants who do not have their projects approved will receive official communications by email.
Before starting the registration process for this call, we strongly recommend that the proposer read the following reference documents:
Ecosystem Profile Technical Summary
Ecosystem Profile Logical Framework
Ecosystem Profile Investment Priorities
After reading all the reference documents for this call, in case of doubts, access our Frequently Asked Questions document (Portuguese - English) or contact us at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hiring and start of work