Strategic Direction 3: Promote and strengthen the supply chains associated with sustainable use of natural resources and ecological restoration.
Institution: Hanaiti Yomo Association & #8217; omo
Responsible: Alexandro da Silva Souza
Phone: + 55 (67) 9 9649-6979 / 9 9852-8950
Corridor: Other corridors (Miranda – Bodoquena)
County: Nioak (MS)
Protected Areas: Nioaque Indigenous Land Brejão Village
General objective: Include indigenous people in the community development process, with a view to ensuring a sustainable alternative in food security, the use of new social technologies, sustainable use of land and plant species in the Cerrado, as well as adding value and generating income by means of agricultural and extractivist products.
- Build a 150 m² forest nursery for the production of cerrado plant species, vegetables and fruit for consumption and income generation.
- Manage and take care of the areas where the Cerrado's vegetables, fruits and plant species will be planted, thus working the process of monitoring and evaluation of the cultivated areas.
- Train community members in agroecological transition and agroforestry systems for growing vegetables and fruits with Cerrado plant species.
- Disseminate agroforestry production at Aldeia Brejão to indigenous people and partners to expand scientific and traditional knowledge.
- Include indigenous people from Aldeia Brejão in the execution and monitoring of the nursery seedling project for agroforestry production, to ensure community empowerment and project sustainability.
Support amount: U$ 19,169.33
Duration: 36 meses (Dezembro 2017 a Dezembro 2020)
Images courtesy of the Associação Hanaiti Yomo’omo