Strategic Direction 2: Supporting the creation / expansion and effective management of protected areas.
Institution: Quilombo-Kalunga Association
Responsible: Vilmar Souza Costa
Phone: +55 (61) 99909-3863 / (62) 99646-4029
Priority Corridor: Kalungas Landing Vines
County: (GO) Cavalcante, Monte Alegre de Goiás and Teresina de Goiás
Protected Areas: APA do Pouso Alto and APA do Paranã
General objective: Implement the improvement and consolidation of the environmental and territorial management of the Kalunga Historical Site and Cultural Heritage, through the Geographic Information System (GIS) as a tool for permanent territorial management, as well as the sustainable use of natural resources, aiming to ensure the improvement of quality of life for all residents and for future generations.
- To elaborate the geological, geomorphological, pedological characterization of the land cover and use, as well as the agricultural suitability of the lands, in order to subsidize a better use of the potentialities of the territory.
- Participatory elaboration of a Geographic Information System at the Kalunga Historical Site and Cultural Heritage on workstations equipped with geoprocessing software and connection to major databases.
- Provide Associations with Territorial Monitoring Stations equipped with computers, GPS navigation, satellite imagery, and 4×4 utility vehicles for more efficient land management through training and capacity building of community-nominated members, thereby strengthening representative organizations. from the community.
- Identify the tourist attractions and define the itineraries to be implemented, increasing household income, as well as providing greater sustainability.
- Sensitize the population about the importance of combating predatory hunting, indiscriminate deforestation and burning applied in the process of preparation for planting.
Support amount: U$216.635,00
Duration: 34 months (June 2018 to March 2021)
Images courtesy of Associação Quilombo Kalunga