Strategic Direction 2: Support the creation and/or expansion and effective management of protected areas.
Responsible: Gustavo Bernardino Malacco da Silva
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +55 (34) 9 9121-9737
Priority Corridor: Other corridors (Serra da Canastra)
County: (MG) Uberaba
General objective: Carry out social and environmental diagnosis in the region of the Upper Course of the Claro and Uberabinha River Watersheds (Uberaba, MG) that will subsidize, through a proposal to be sent to the competent environmental public agencies, the creation of a Conservation Unit.
- Characterize land use within the proposed limits of the Conservation Unit.
- Characterize the main abiotic variables.
- Characterize the different vegetation forms.
- Characterize the flora, terrestrial (herpetofauna, avifauna, mastofauna) and aquatic (ichthyofauna) fauna.
- Characterize the resident population, containing the number and average size of properties and the pattern of occupation of the area.
- To evaluate the main socioeconomic indicators of the municipality covered by the proposal to create a Conservation Unit.
- Evaluate the benefits and social and environmental impacts of the implementation of the Conservation Unit.
Support amount: U$ 37.510,55
Duration: 13 months (May 2019 to June 2020)
Images provided by ANGÁ