Strategic Direction 2: Support the creation and/or expansion and effective management of protected areas.
Responsible: Hélem Fuziel de Abreu and Gustavo Bernardino Malacco da Silva
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Phone: +55 (82) 3217-2826
Partner Institutions: Small Cashew Producers Association; Coruripe Plant; Association for the Socio-Environmental Management of the Triangulo Mineiro; Sertão Veredas Cooperative; EMATER-MG; IEF
Priority Corridors: Sertão Veredas-Peruaçu
County: (MG) Januaria
General objective: Integrate the traditional cultures of the Cajueiro Community (Januária, MG) in the conservation of the Porto Cajueiro Private Natural Heritage Reserve (MG) and the Cochá and Gibão (MG) Environmental Protection Area, from the implementation and re-establishment of Sustainable Production Models (MSPs) in the APA and not in the RPPN, which result in improved food security and income generation for the communities, as well as the recovery of degraded areas in the APA and conservation of the Reserve's biodiversity.
- Recover degraded areas and riparian forest of the Carinhanha River with the implantation of SAFs and native species plants.
- Recover paths around the RPPN Porto Cajueiro.
- Increase in Cashew Community Income.
- Expand as solution areas for the Bicudo Project.
- Decrease hunting and sheriff pressure in the area.
- Create seed banks and nurseries for the Cashew Community.
- Empower as community women in decision making and participation in project activities.
- Contribute to the regularization of the CAR (Rural Environmental Registry) of the Cashew Community.
- Increase a diversity of native bees.
- Reduce the use of agrochemicals by the Community.
- Integrate the Cashew Community in the conservation of protected areas (RPPN Porto Cajueiro and APA Cochá and Gibão).
- Empower the Cashew Community for agroecological transition and implementation of SAFs.
- Contribute to improving food security.
- Analyze the perception of RPPN and APA staff about the project.
Support amount: U$ 47,225.46
Duration: 24 meses (Junho 2019 a Junho 2021)
Institute for Social and Ecological Development & #8211; IDESE