Strategic Direction 6: Strengthen the Capacity of Civil Society Organizations to Promote Better Territorial Management
Institution: National Network to Combat Wildlife Trafficking & #8211; INCOME
Responsible: Raulff Ferraz Lima
Phone: +55 (61) 61 9 9155-3656
Priority Corridor: All Priority Corridors and other Corridors in the Midwest
County: Cuiabá (MT); Campo Grande (MS); Goiânia (GO) and Brasília (DF)
General objective: To train, expand and strengthen the participation of organized civil society in the Midwest region in decision-making bodies of the public power, in particular at CONAMA - National Environment Council, through the holding of five events: four state meetings and one regional, the I Forum of the Midwest Environmentalists.
- To assess the state of environmental management and public policy in the Midwest.
- Increase the capacity of NGOs working in the Midwest region to establish dialogues in the public sphere, especially CONAMA.
- Build a common agenda among environmental NGOs in the Midwest.
- Develop a Strategic Plan of Midwest NGOs for the conservation of the Cerrado's natural resources.
- Contribute to the improvement of managers of civil organizations operating in the Cerrado, expanding the social impact of environmental NGOs in their areas of expertise.
Support amount: U$ 47,987.22
Duration: 16 months (July 2018 to November 2019)
Images courtesy of the Rede Nacional de Combate ao Tráfico de Animais Silvestres – RENCTAS