Strategic Direction 2: Supporting the creation / expansion and effective management of protected areas.
Institution: Oca Brazil Institute
Partner Institutions: ICMBio
Responsible: Andreza Girardi
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Phone: +55 (62) 3446-1166 / 3446-1787
Priority Corridor: Veadeiros-Pouso Alto-Kalungas
County: (GO) Alto Paraíso; Nova Roma; Cavalcante; São João D’Aliança; Colinas and Teresina de Goiás
Protected Areas: Pouso Alto Environmental Protection Area (APAPA); Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park (PNCV); World Heritage Site (UNESCO); Goyaz Biosphere Reserve (UNESCO) and 24 RPPNs.
General objective: Encourage the creation of new RPPNs and support the implementation of existing RPPNs in the Veadeiros Corridor - Pouso Alto - Kalunga.
- Train owners in Integrated Fire Management and RPPN Business Opportunities on the Veadeiros Corridor - Pouso Alto - Kalunga.
- Georeference three RPPNs already certified by ICMBio around the Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park.
- Develop and review management plans in RPPNs already consolidated around the Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park.
- Signal 12 RPPNs around the Chapada dos Veadeiros National Park.
- Conduct Seminar for presentations of Project results.
Support amount: U$ 121.545,99
Duration: 24 months (October 2018 to October 2020)
Images courtesy of Instituto Oca Brasil