Strategic Direction 6: Strengthening the capacity of civil society organizations
Partner Institutions: 10Development Agency, School of Activism and Lawyers Association of Rural Workers
Responsible: Isabel Figueiredo
Telephone: +55 (61) 3327-8085
Priority Corridors: MATOPIBA Central and Sertão Veredas-Peruaçu
County: (BA) Formosa do Rio Preto, Santa Rita de Cássia, Riachão das Neves, Barreiras, São Desidério, Correntina, Baianópolis, Jaborandi, Cocos, Santa Maria da Vitória, among others
Protected Areas: Rio de Janeiro APA, São Desidério APA, Rio Preto APA, ESEC Serra Geral do Tocantins, Rio Preto ESEC, PARNA Grande Sertão Veredas, Veredas do Baiano Wild Life Refuge and Lagoa Azul Municipal Park
General objective: Strengthen the role of civil society in defending the Cerrado biome by applying methodology to strengthen organizations and leaders in a region highly threatened by agribusiness.
- Strengthen Civil Society Articulation in Western Bahia - through the mobilization and articulation of local actors focused on the formation of the project council that will have the role of defining and agreeing a plan for strengthening the civil society of the region, as well as accompanying the training components.
- Leadership training through a four-module training course.
- Strengthening Organizations and Dissemination of Experience through the Participatory Organizational Development (PDO) training process.
- Support for the implementation of change plans of organizations.
- Dissemination of project experience, aiming to strengthen the articulations for the defense of the Cerrado
Support amount: U$ 298,399.44
Duration: 30 months (September 2018 to February 2021)
Images courtesy of Isabel Figueiredo/ISPN Collection