Strategic Direction 3: Promote and strengthen the supply chains associated with sustainable use of natural resources and ecological restoration.
Institution: Cerrado Seed Network
Responsible: Carmen Correia
Telephone: +55 (61) 3256-1938
County: The project will potentially reach all Cerrado states and their respective municipalities.
Protected Areas: All protected areas within the project's area of influence.
General objective: To train CEPF-supported project managers in Strategic Directorate 3or other directions that include restoration actions, as well as others involved in the restoration process, on the diagnosis of degraded areas, restoration planning, restoration techniques and monitoring of restoration results.
- Empower the target audience, with five courses, in the following themes and locations:
- Ecological characteristics of the biome, plant reproduction strategies, anthropic impacts and their implications for restoration.
- Federal Environmental Legislation: Law 12.651 / 2012, CAR, PRA and PRADA.
- Risks and challenges associated with RAD.
- Recomposition strategies.
- Area assessment and choice of restoration actions - WebAmbiente system.
- Seed collection, processing and storage.
- Nurseries and seedling production of native species.
- Monitoring of recomposition jobs.
- Native species of economic interest.
- Training in plantation systems with native species.
- SEMA Cuiaba-MT
- Cavernas do Peruaçu National Park-MG
- Brasília National Park-DF
- Embrapa Cerrados - Brasília-DF
- Embrapa Fishing and Aquaculture - Palmas-TO
Support amount: U$20,447.28
Duration: Closed (December 2017 to December 2019)
Images provided by the Cerrado Seed Network